The annual worldwide challenge #inktober2019 has just concluded yesterday. Every October, artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by putting out one ink drawing a day for the entire month!
This year, we challenged our artistic boss, Kendrick to carry out this year’s challenge. Besides following the prompt list, we added a few points for him as well.
So here’s the challenge criteria:
- Follow this year’s official international prompt list.
- At least 80% of the photos must be taken at our very beautiful hipster office —> true story
- To include at least 80% of cats in the artwork (Because we all love cats!)
- Use ONLY stationery products from Sakura Color Japan (Malaysia) – as to which Kendrick (Kendylife) is the official Ambassador and Brand Artist!
- To complete the works before/after office hours.
We briefed Kendrick on the last day of September. Without hesitation, he accepted the challenge. Fast forward, he managed to complete it (YES, we were shocked too despite his scheduled being exceptionally tight this month). While we interviewed Kendrick, he agrees that it was not easy that he needs to juggle between the work and personal timing as well as finding the creative flare to draw as well as taking the photos.
“If at any point the challenge gets too overwhelming and you aren’t having fun, pause for a day or two. Catch your breath, and just pick up where you left off. I learned that Inktober is just a framework to get yourself to draw better and have some fun with your art. It’s not a contest to see who the best artist is. It’s a challenge to see how much you can improve your art in a month, and be inspired or help inspire other artists to do the same.”
Here at Social Grooves, we believe creativity takes courage. This #inktober challenge is another way of us expressing the freedom within ourselves. After all, art has the power to transform and illuminate the world!
As a picture tells a thousand words, let us present to you our COO’s work for 31 days!